We had an ultrasound on Friday (pics below). Taylor is still breech, which we expected. The ultrasound tech commented on how little room was actually left for her to be moving around in there. The chances of her turning now are ALMOST zero. We have one more last minute ultrasound on Monday the 21st just to double check, then the c-section Tuesday the 22nd. So it appears that Taylor will beat the turkey, if only by a smidgen. There is a 3 day hospital stay with the c-section. I would like to pass along (from Helen) that if anyone comes to visit on the 24th there will be an admission charge of Turkey, Ham, or whatever other goodies you are having or had for Thanksgiving.
We are down to the last minute details now. Got the Christmas tree up so we don't have to worry about that when we get home. Final packing of the hospital bag, installing car seat, cleaning, stocking up on food and other essentials so that hopefully we will have fewer trips to the store this winter. All in all things are rolling along pretty much as expected and in a very short 9 days Taylor will be here to say hello to everyone!
In the image below, Taylor's head is in the center, just off to the left, she is looking straight up in this profile shot.
Showing posts with label Ultrasound. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ultrasound. Show all posts
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Goodbye October
Well, Halloween is over and it looks like by the time the next major holiday rolls around we will have a baby. We had a doctors appointment yesterday and he went ahead and set up a day for the c-section. It is set up for November 22nd. We are also scheduled for one last ultrasound on November 11th. IF Taylor has decided to turn by that time then the c-section will be canceled and we will attempt a natural birth. As much as she seems to be moving around in there I am still hopeful that she will turn in time. Either was I am confident that by Thanksgiving we will surly have something to be thankful for. Wont be long now ;)
Below is Helen's latest picture, taken yesterday, exactly 36 weeks.
Below is Helen's latest picture, taken yesterday, exactly 36 weeks.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Update
Just got back from 35 week (although she measures 36 weeks) ultrasound. She is still Breeched. Now weighs 6 lbs 5 oz. Next Dr. appointment Monday I think. Could be Tuesday.
TODAY IS THE DAY!
Well not THAT day, but it is a day none the less. Today is the day that we get yet ANOTHER ultrasound, not that I am complaining about that aspect of it, rather the reason for the ultrasound. When we got the last one done baby Taylor was still in a breached position and quickly running out of space, and time, to move into the head down position. The doc said that he would schedule another ultrasound (today's) and if Taylor had not moved yet we may have to look into some other options or change our plans about a natural birth. In 3 1/2 hours we will know. The doctor did run through the options with us last visit though, and they are as follows.
#1 We could go down to St. Vincent hospital in Indianapolis and have them do an "version". This is where they go in and physically move the baby into the correct position. The risks are that Helen could go into labor on the spot if the baby becomes stressed. Not a huge issue since she so far along. Also this procedure only has about a 70% success rate meaning that there is a 30% chance that the baby will turn right back to where she is now once the procedure is complete.
#2 Wait and see if she turns on her own. However, the doctor said that if she had not turned by today's ultrasound there was only about a 10% chance that she would turn on her own.
#3 C-section. If the baby has not turned before the day of delivery you have a 100% chance of having a c-section.
When the doctor had run through these options with us Helen and I almost instantly decided on option #1, version. When the doctor left the room and the nurse came back in she gave us some other news though. From the nurse "I want to be sure that the two of you realize, because the doctor fails to mention this a lot, that the version procedure is not covered by most insurance." Well.. there went that idea. So we are left with she turns on her own, or we will be having a C-section.
On a side note, I don't think that we will be making it to the due date of Nov. 28th. At the last ultrasound (a little over a week ago) she was weighing in at 5 lbs 13 oz already. Also there will be a full moon on November 11th. I will update on here tonight, once we know more.
Below is the best ultrasound picture from the Oct. 18th. A side shot with Taylor attempting to suck her thumb.
#1 We could go down to St. Vincent hospital in Indianapolis and have them do an "version". This is where they go in and physically move the baby into the correct position. The risks are that Helen could go into labor on the spot if the baby becomes stressed. Not a huge issue since she so far along. Also this procedure only has about a 70% success rate meaning that there is a 30% chance that the baby will turn right back to where she is now once the procedure is complete.
#2 Wait and see if she turns on her own. However, the doctor said that if she had not turned by today's ultrasound there was only about a 10% chance that she would turn on her own.
#3 C-section. If the baby has not turned before the day of delivery you have a 100% chance of having a c-section.
When the doctor had run through these options with us Helen and I almost instantly decided on option #1, version. When the doctor left the room and the nurse came back in she gave us some other news though. From the nurse "I want to be sure that the two of you realize, because the doctor fails to mention this a lot, that the version procedure is not covered by most insurance." Well.. there went that idea. So we are left with she turns on her own, or we will be having a C-section.
On a side note, I don't think that we will be making it to the due date of Nov. 28th. At the last ultrasound (a little over a week ago) she was weighing in at 5 lbs 13 oz already. Also there will be a full moon on November 11th. I will update on here tonight, once we know more.
Below is the best ultrasound picture from the Oct. 18th. A side shot with Taylor attempting to suck her thumb.
Labels:
35 Weeks,
Breech,
Ultrasound,
Version
Location:
Hartford City, IN 47348, USA
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
24 Weeks, Ultrasound Video
After last weeks disappointment of not getting the ultrasound that we were scheduled for, because we were not scheduled for it... We got it done today. I think this is the last one unless some sort of problem arises. Everything seems well, heartbeat is 163 which has been pretty consistent the whole time and she now weighs in at 1lb 8oz. Only 15 weeks 6 days to go. Enjoy the video of today's ultrasound :)
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
23 weeks along
We were supposed to have an ultrasound yesterday, this would have been the 3rd ultrasound. They was unable to get all of the pictures that they needed from the previous one including the spine and face. However, due to an error by the doctors office they said that we were not scheduled. We had the appointment card but of course it was at home and the doctor is 30 minn away. The ultrasound has been re-scheduled for next Tuesday. I'm not disappointed, that just means that we get a 24 week ultrasound instead of a 23 week one.
The trip was not a complete waste of time though because we went paint shopping. After arguing over the shade of pink that we wanted we finally "agreed" (meaning that I gave in and said fine lol) on a color. When we got home I recruited my dad as a painter and together we had it done in a couple of hours. As I am writing this the doorbell rang and our crib has arrived, so I'm off to put it together now. Will put up a pic once (if) I get it together :)
The trip was not a complete waste of time though because we went paint shopping. After arguing over the shade of pink that we wanted we finally "agreed" (meaning that I gave in and said fine lol) on a color. When we got home I recruited my dad as a painter and together we had it done in a couple of hours. As I am writing this the doorbell rang and our crib has arrived, so I'm off to put it together now. Will put up a pic once (if) I get it together :)
Friday, July 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)




