Contributors

Friday, July 22, 2011

Cloth Diapering

     So a few of you may have noticed that we have added cloth diapers to our baby registry (link to baby registry on right side of page:)) Yes, we do plan to cloth diaper and we have a few reasons for doing this. First let me tell you that I have read more in the last 6 months about diapers then I EVER imagined I would ever read. I had no idea how many options were available. Cloth diapering is not what it used to be.
     After much research we have decided to go with FuzziBunz brand of cloth diapers. I’m not going to focus so much on brands here, more the reasons for cloth diapering in the first place. Below is my top 5 list.
#1 Expense: “Using Cloth Diapers can save you from 44-68% over the cost of disposable diapers.”
#2 Environment
#3 One size fits all option that is adjustable with snaps. Since this is only our first child, we can reuse them for baby 2 or 3 as well.
#4. Easy to use, see video below (poo warning)





#5 They look cool!

I have been asked about washing them prior to use. Some cloth diapers require extensive washing before you can use them. Something to do with absorbancy. This particular brand you only need to wash once before use. Recommended laundry detergent is Tide Free, or Arm and Hammer Free. These cost about the same as normal Tide and Arm and hammer.

The whole purpose for this blog is to share and learn. If you think I have overlooked anything, good or bad. Please bring it to my attention in the comments on Facebook or on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment