Contributors

Friday, July 22, 2011

A little about me

I guess if I am going to start a new blog I should tell a little bit about me. I just turned 30, and it sucks! The twenty's were not to bad, but when you stick a 3 in front of the zero it just seems to hit home a whole lot harder. I try to be an active person but sometimes that just doesn't happen, like this week, WAY to hot to do anything except maybe be on the lake. Having a pregnant wife in this heat doesn't make being active very easy either.
I enjoy doing anything outside and I plan to instill my love of nature and the outdoors in my daughter when she arrives. O.K. Maybe I will give her a few days to adjust to the world first, but just a few ;)
Any advice from people with newborns, who also take them along on outdoor outings would be great. I like to go camping a few times each year, Taylor is due November 28 so by next summer she will be around 6 months. My wife and I also enjoy going to the lakes in the summer where my mother has a summer place. Usually we just stay a night or so but its a nice break from the ordinary.
A couple of weeks ago I took off with my brother in law and went kayaking for the first time. We rented a couple of kayaks and took a 3 hour cruise. We didn't get shipwrecked on any deserted island and neither one of us is named Gilligan, (although I believe if that were to happen I would be Gilligan) It was AWESOME! I figured that I would enjoy it but I fell in love with kayaking instantly! Sooo, now I have me a brand new kayak. One little problem I have run into though. I don't know another soul with a kayak. I got online and sure enough there is a group somewhat close to me for kayaking. I have always been a shy person, and meeting new people, especially in a group, is not something I have a great history of doing. O.K. so I have never done that, but there is always a first right?! So I joined this group online, it only took a click. Now to see if I really have the balls to show up anywhere.
Other things on my like to do list include fishing, and Geocaching. Surly you have heard of geocaching by now. Its been around since 2000 and I have been a geocacher since 2001. If you still have not heard of this sport/treasure hunt check out geocaching.com for a quick lesson on it. Another outdoor activity I enjoy is cycling. Although this year I must admit that I haven't done nearly enough. I'm gonna blame the heat on this one. Speaking of the heat, I need to get back out on the porch, this AC is starting to get to me. Have a great evening/night/day!

No comments:

Post a Comment